GRAPHIC & WEB DESIGNER
About this Role:
The Web & Graphic Designer primarily designs website UX, web elements, digital ads, social media graphics and website wireframes. Some additional design in brand/print materials. The Web & Graphic Designer also performs important collaborative duties and works with our team and build partners to complete projects.
We’re a bunch of geeks who are passionate about making the web easy for our customers. If you aren’t the kind to bring 110% every day, to look for creative solutions, to have a positive attitude, and to generally want to deliver awesome stuff every time, we recommend looking elsewhere.
You’ll be working remotely, so being efficient, diligent, and self-driven is a must. You’ll succeed here if you’re pragmatic and able to find your own solutions. We look for team members who take initiative within their day to day work to find better ways of solving problems with great design.
This job is 100% work-remote, however applicant must be based in the State of Wisconsin to be considered for the role.
- Web Design
- Design wireframes, websites, web elements, digital ads, social media graphics, and website wireframes.
- Graphic Design
- Design for additional items, such as print materials, ads, and other brand items.
- Client & Team Collaboration
- Consider team and client feedback in the revision process.
- Participate in internal and client-facing collaborative sessions.
- Offer recommendations and suggestions for how to design or improve designs.
- Work closely with client and team to achieve creative vision.
- Serve as a S6 Team Culture Ambassador
- Learn about the mission, vision, and values of Satellite Six, and how it relates to this role;
- Become proficient at key responsibilities of this role;
- Carry out position responsibilities consistently and effectively to reflect well on our team internally and outwardly to clients;
- Learn about specific team member roles and abilities, and how each role interacts;
- Reflect a positive, helpful attitude at work, with shared accountability for client results.
- Be responsible for ongoing professional learning & improvement
- Be alert for areas for process improvement that impact the customer or team experience
- Identify potential solutions through team brainstorming, or bring to owner if additional resources or policy changes are involved
- Identify personal skill development needs, to add additional value to clients and the team
- Share knowledge gained from formal and informal learning with the team, as indicated
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
- Customer Service
- Ability to proofread and submit typo-free work
- Collaboration skills
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
This position reports to the General Manager. This position does not require any team member supervision.
This position is 100% remote. You must reside and perform work in the State of Wisconsin.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position, 25-30 hours per week. Typical days and hours of work are weekdays, 9am-4pm, with some flexibility in start and end times. Exact hours may vary based upon the needs and requirements of customers.
Occasional regional travel may be required during the business day.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in web design or related field.
- High proficiency in Adobe XD and Photoshop required
- Please submit a link to your online portfolio in your resume for consideration.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of Graphic / Web design experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign
- Proven track record of graphic design excellence
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- People engagement skills, necessary to build rapport with internal team & prospective clients
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Ability to work independently; manage multiple simultaneous tasks and responsibilities.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
S6 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, S6 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
S6 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of S6’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Job Type: Part Time
Wage Range: $18 – $22/hr